Tuesday, September 9, 2008

For a long time I have wanted to take pictures of our house & post them on the blog. There are reasons behind my "want". Now those who have never seen our house can picture it a little better, AND I need help decorating. I do not have a creative bone in my body. I can organize anything BUT can't decorate a little townhouse. As you will see in the pictures to come there is not a stitch of decor in my little home. I need HELP!!!! Suggestions, ideas, any advise you have to give I am all ears.
BUT before we start I want to boast a little about my amazing husband. The picture below is our "back cell" as we affecionately call it. It is small BUT it gives the kids a place to play. When we moved in this place was filled with rocks. It was awful. I hated it. So I got an idea to move the rock out & get grass. Easy you may think because it is so small BUT don't get carried away on your little horse. You have to take everything through the house. Yep- wheelbarrow, after wheelbarrow of rocks through the house. PANICK ATTACK!!!!!!! BUT I survived & am very grateful to my neighbors & friends Joe & Marie for all their help.
Anyway- I get all the rock cleared out & the little garden built AND THEN THE GRASS!!!!! We had talked about getting it done BUT that is all that we did TALK......... So my family comes in town for the week & the kids & I head off to Lake Powell for 2 1/2 days. Mike can't get work off so he stays home. On my way home from the lake I get a call from him saying he needs me to stop by the post office & get a package before going home. He knows I am dirty & need a shower BUT I must pick it up before I go home.
I open our post office box & find only one thing. It is a letter from him to me. CUTE HU--- I cried. The letter said "the house isn't clean and the bed isn't made, but life with you is perfect!! Mike" I cried more.....
So I get home & true to his word the house isn't clean & the bed isn't made BUT I didn't care. The letter made everything PERFECT!!!. UNTIL I stepped on a rock. No biggy I will just sweep it up & throw it out back. I step outside & HOLY COW. There was GRASSSSSSSS. All done. He had worked day & night to get it done. AND (girls you will appreciate this) no mess in the house. He had swept, vaccumed & moped the house so there would be no sign of a dirt moving, sod laying party. HE IS THE GREATEST!!!!!

No comments: